One of my new favorite things is going to the People's Garden. They have garden workdays every Wednesday and Saturday. Today the garden got water from the city and they harvested radishes and salad greens and sold them to two Healthy in a Hurry Corner Stores on the Westend! Things are moving along. I planted basil in the beds that previously held radishes and got to feel the warm sun on my shoulders, the moist soil in my hands, and the peace of the outdoors.
Two kind women walked by the garden and came over to see what was going on- I got to explain to them the market garden, children's garden, and the community garden. I offered them some radishes, but they didn't like them. I'm not sure if this is a personal realization, but I've found that I pretty much love any kind of food if I'm the one to pick it out of the dirt and eat it. I don't usually like radishes either, but these are so good and it's so fun to give them a little rinse and eat them in the garden! We'll see if this is still the case when I have to eat beets and kale out of my garden...
More adventures from the People's Garden to come!



No comments:
Post a Comment